5 Foods With Potassium
Foods With Potassium – Are You Eating Enough?
Potassium is a key nutrient and electrolyte that is essential for normal healthy functioning. Potassium levels can influence everything from heart rate, muscle fatigue, energy levels, kidney function and so much more. It’s important that you know your levels in case of a potassium deficiency that can cause some serious health complications. In order to measure your potassium levels you need to have your blood drawn.
What’s Your Potassium Levels?
A normal potassium range is between 3.7-5.2 mEq/L so if you’re lower than 3.7 then you have a potassium deficiency. I will guide you through 5 foods with potassium so that you can ensure you’re getting adequate amounts in your diet to have sustained energy levels throughout the entire day.
Foods With Potassium | Avoiding Potassium Deficiency
1. Bananas – They provide a punch full of potassium! They are one of the best snacks that you can eat because of the instant energy they provide. Along with the potassium, bananas contain healthy sugars that can give you the burst of energy you need.
2. Potatoes (With the skin) – They contain adequate amounts of potassium but people with diabetes, beware. Potatoes contain high amounts of carbohydrates which can alter blood glucose levels.
3. Leafy Greens – Examples of this include spinach and lettuce. Keep in mind, the darker green that you’re eating, the more potassium it contains. These are one of the best foods with potassium that offer other health benefits.
4. Apricots – Surprisingly, they pack some nice amounts of potassium and you can get instant energy from eating them with healthy sugars.
5. Fish – Fish can definitely increase your potassium levels while offering many other healthy nutrients like protein, omega fish oil acids and low amounts of fat.